For over 50 years Finch McCranie, LLP has successfully represented hundreds of victims and their families as a result of wrongful death or serious injury. Below is a sampling of some of our representative cases from the Wrongful Death & Serious Injury Practice Group. Each case is different and as such the results will vary depending on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please contact us to discuss your potential case.
- The firm won an $11.7 million judgment against a trucking company in a wrongful death case.
- We represented the family of a young boy who suffered brain damage, and ultimately died after falling through a concealed opening inside the Atlanta Civic Center theater auditorium. By overcoming difficult legal obstacles in the case, the firm was able to negotiate a record multi-million dollar settlement from two security companies and the promoter of a play. Through discovery, we were able to uncover evidence that two other children were injured previously by falling through that same opening.
- We obtained an $8 million judgment for a client who was permanently injured in a collision. The judgment included punitive damages because the defendant attempted to flee the scene.
- We convinced a federal judge to hold a private school organization accountable for continuing to use dangerous plate glass in an exit door, long after tempered glass or other safety glass was required in new construction. Our client had suffered disabling glass injuries to his arm and hand. We overcame the defense’s arguments that the glass was acceptable because it did not violate the building code when installed.
- We obtained the maximum amount of available insurance, $1.5 million, for a client injured in a truck collision. Our client’s serious injuries prevented him from returning to a successful career as a machinist, including physical injuries and a closed head injury that resulted in organic mood disorder. Before trial, the insurance companies paid their policy limits, $1.5 million, to our client to resolve the case.
- The firm obtained a $1.6 million result for the adult children of a woman killed in a tractor-trailer collision on I-75. Our client’s mother was 54 years old and worked at a Kroger store. This was the maximum amount of insurance coverage available in a joint settlement.
- In a medical malpractice case, our firm reached a confidential settlement for the parents of a small child who died from complications of receiving anesthesia. Based upon the firm’s extensive pre-suit research and investigation, the case settled soon after the filing of suit.
- After filing a medical malpractice lawsuit, the firm negotiated a confidential settlement for a 21 year-old client who, after falling and injuring her knee, was taken to the emergency department of a local hospital. As a result of the failure to properly diagnose her injury, her leg was later amputated.